Monday 9 July 2018

Off the Shelf: Something About You by Riley Hart



Ok first things first this book had me pushing the boundaries of what I typically read. There was an element of kink I had never read about before but I was actually able to see and dare I say...understand.

This book is the story of Saint and Lucky, a suave city slicker and family orientated family guy small town guy who couldn’t be more different if they tried. Saint has grown up within the supportive cocoon of his parents and has been alone since their death when he was 18. When he gets an email from Lucky (who everyone else calls Tyler) telling him about a grandmother he didn’t know he had, he’s stunned. That doesn’t stop him from driving down to meet this grandmother, much to the surprise and displeasure of Lucky.

Saint and Lucky had an antagonistic relationship that made me laugh but also had me hooked from the beginning. They were such polar opposites that it was a wonder the two fell for each other in the first place. Saint lives this city life in a high rise apartment, is openly bisexual and is focused on his flourishing career in PR. Lucky is also bisexual but has never dated or been with a man, is the baby of his huge family who worry about him endlessly. When Lucky introduces Saint to his grandmother Alice (a firecracker if I ever read of one!) and the two have to collaborate on the refurbishment of Alice’s family home, sparks fly!

I really loved this story. It was about so many little things pulled together. It was about a sad family history, love spanning decades and Lucky and Saint navigating the past and a potential future. 

I really enjoyed seeing the relationship between Alice and Saint develop. It was like they got a second chance to enjoy each other and heal wounds that they didn’t necessarily know about. I loved Alice’s spunk, her zest for life and her bid to drive Saint’s Corvette! 

Riley Hart knows how to do steamy sexy times and this book was no exception! She had me fanning myself at times! It was so great to see the love between these two characters grow and I honestly hope she selves back into this universe soon! 

The book was a 4 star read and if you’re interested in checking it out go here.

TK MAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment